Mark



"Two and a half years ago, while living in mainland China, my wife and I were fostering a little orphan named, Guo Ru Hao... with the hope to one day adopt her.  It had been two long years with her living with us and we were at a standstill on many fronts.  Her orphanage wouldn't release necessary paperwork for us to adopt her and we didn't know why.  The device in Ruthi's head to help her cerebrospinal fluid flow was malfunctioning.  There was another fire in a foster home in China and the government was requiring all orphanages to call in the kids (meaning Ruthi was in danger of being taken away from us).  I was at the end of my rope.  One day, while driving down the road, I asked Ruthi what her name was.  Her Chinese name, Guo Ru Hao, was the name she heard most often as we had to use that name on all paperwork.  So she was accustomed to hearing that name...and saying it.  However, on this day, when I asked her what her name was, she proclaimed, "Ruth Elizabeth Mozley".  Something shifted inside my heart at that moment.  In the car that day,  I realized that this was truly her name and I knew that in spite of all the hell we were going through, that she was going to be ours one day.  The fire in my soul was rekindled when I heard her proclaim her name and I knew that no man was ever going to stop what God had ordained.  This little abandoned orphan was soon to have a forever dad who would love her for the rest of his life.  And that he was going to make up for all those lost hugs and cuddles and giggles and tea parties and love she should have had early on.  The fight was on and we went to the orphanage and saw breakthrough in her paperwork.  We crowd funded and raised enough money to save her life with another surgery.  And we completed the adoption before she was called back to her orphanage.  The miracle was completed and the living, breathing miracle was ours forever.  Little Ruthi Elizabeth Mozley had a forever family and we are the most fortunate of all people on this earth."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aidan